Back To Stitching....and a MOM SHORTS update!!

Two weeks ago (or so) I gave up my "away from home" job.

So now it's time to get my supplies organized and get some regular STITCH TIME in.

Yesterday was the first time I had my sewing machine out in AGES!! I did some repairs on a pair of slacks for my son and then took 5 pair of MOM shorts (you know the ones....super HIGH waisted ones) and cut them down into a much more modern style.  I had thought about doing a tutorial on how to do this....but my place is still too disorganized and the weather outside too HOT to take the time for pictures.  If there is enough interest in having said tutorial, I will get my hands on another pair and work it up.  

"Mom Shorts" BEFORE.....forgive the shirt tucked in....it's for EMPHASIS!!! LOL
"Mom Shorts" NO MORE!!!!  I did lose my pockets....but it was a great trade for having shorts not riding all the way up under my boobs!!

Slowly I am working on a child sized afghan for a former co-worker.  It is from a pattern that I designed and was published in "Donna Kooler's Crocheted Afghans" back in 2004.  The rights to the pattern have reverted back to me and I plan on sharing it here on my blog some time in the future for all who are interested.



I am also working on a special custom order project that I am not quite ready to reveal....but I will give you a sneak peek of the stitch pattern I am using.  



I have many more projects that are started and sitting...waiting patiently for me to get back to them....or are still on the drawing board. So hopefully you will be seeing more and more come out of this blog.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Be Blessed,

Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts