In the Kitchen today with Chocolate Strawberry Muffins!!!

Today I woke up and decided I needed to spend some time in the kitchen BEFORE picking up my hooks or needles.  I've had frozen strawberries that I have been trying to figure out how to use up....right now I'm just not in the mood for a smoothie and that is my main "go to" when it comes to frozen strawberries.  I also wanted CHOCOLATE.  But covering frozen strawberries with chocolate coating can be DISASTROUS!!!  So I decided to take my basic muffin recipe and revamp it.  I've never done this before with a baking recipe.....and I have to say I was a bit worried about wasting all these ingredients!!! But I needed some adventure in my life today so this was the choice LOL!!!

Was is worth my time you ask???  YES!!!  The muffins turned out AMAZING!!!  The only foreseeable problem is that the frozen strawberries stay VERY moist....so these muffins may not keep for long...but that should NOT be a problem as they are extremely TASTY!!!  If you want to avoid that you could substitute dehydrated strawberries for the frozen ones.

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY MUFFINS (makes 12)
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa (100% pure/unsweetened)
1 TBSP baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 TBSP butter, melted
1 large egg
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup granulated sugar
4 whole frozen strawberries, chopped

TOPPING:
2 TBSP butter, softened
¼ cup oats
¼ cup brown sugar
1 TBSP cocoa


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter, set aside to cool.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, set aside.  Beat egg in a separate bowl then add milk, vanilla and sugar.  Pour a small amount of cooled butter into egg mixture and stir it in. Repeat 3-4 more times until all the liquid butter is incorporated.  Add liquid ingredients to the dry ones and combine (mix) no more than 10 seconds.  Batter will be lumpy.  Stir in Chopped frozen strawberries. Divide batter into prepared muffin tins.  Mix Topping and sprinkle on top of batter.  Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean. 

Can you see how moist the strawberry is....and can you see
the steam rising from this muffin!?!?   I just could NOT
wait to bite into one of these!!


Be Blessed and ENJOY!!
Amy B 

Comments

  1. Yes we have to eat. I copied the recipe and will have to make it this weekend. They look SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They sound and look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts